Are you enthusiast about Maryland? There variety of interesting & fun facts about Maryland state that you don’t know before. Today I’m going to exploring some interesting and funny information about this Maryland state that will shock you.
Maryland is 42th largest and 7th smallest state of the united states of America. It becomes a state by George Calvert in 1864. Although this is a small state with a little area, it contains a large of historical place, sea beach, hills and mounts. With it visiting spot and a variety of topography it’s called by people as “Little America”. Let’s try to know several unknown and interesting facts of Maryland through the post.
Before going to the fun facts about Maryland you should know a number of common information about Maryland.
Interesting Key Facts about Maryland
- It is occasionally known as Old-Line state
- Maryland was founded by George Calvert in 1864.
- This state is bordered with Virginia, West Virginia, and the districts of Columbia.
- Annapolis is the Capital City of Maryland
- Baltimore is the largest City of our Maryland state.
- Baltimore, Annapolis, Ocean City, Columbia is key cities of Maryland.
- There is a very hottest day in the summer season. The highest temperature of this state about 109 degrees Temperature.
- Like the summer season, The Winter has its own record. -40-degree temperature is the coldest temperature in Maryland.
- Maryland is a state with 9,844 square miles or 25495.84 square km in area.
- This is the 9th smallest state in the united state and it is closest in size of Hawaii.
- There are a total of 5,296,486 populations in this small state.
- West Virginia is a neighbor state of this Maryland state.
- White Oak is the State Tree of this state.
- Black-Eyed Susan is the state flower of Maryland.
- Baltimore Oriole is known as the State bird of this state.
- There is the highest point of 3,360 feet above from Sea Level.
- The lowest point of Maryland is located at the Atlantic Ocean about 1 foot below from sea level.
- In case, there is an earthquake, there will be no building left in Maryland. Because there is no well-structured building in our state.
- Whatever Maryland possesses a variety of topology within its borders.
Fun Facts about Maryland
It is occasionally known as the Old-Line state. According to several historians attestation, Maryland is well known as an old line state. Here is an attestation about this nickname “Maryland is associated with line troops, Maryland line which served courageously in many Revolutionary War battles”. With these old lines of the state, it takes the name of “Old Line State”. Now it makes Maryland Nickname.
Free State is another nickname of Maryland. This Maryland was first recognized as a “Free State” on 1 November 1864.
Maryland is known as “Little America” cause of its all types of terrain as beaches, farmland, mountains, sand dunes and etc. It has also a wide variety of weather with four seasons in a year.
This state is known as the Chesapeake state of the United States.
It is illegal to show the lion on movies video. There are no rights to the movie or film directors to use lion on their movie.
Maryland was named in honor of Queen Henrietta Maria of French, the wife of King Charles I of England. Also, she is a French princess.
Moreland is famous for its tasty Seafood, especially blue crabs.
During launch at the Chesapeake Bay, more crab cakes are than hamburgers and hot dogs.
There are no natural lakes in Maryland. But a number of lakes created artificially by the marialandis. Most of them are dame and some of them canals that used to make draining water.
It is a storehouse of blue crabs and soft clams. This state produces more blue crabs than any other US state.
There is a national Aquarium named Baltimore Inner Harbor. It displays more than 750 species in 2,200,000 gallons of water. Every year, it can receive more than 1.5 million visitors.
King Williams School was the first school in the United States which opened in 1696.
William Goddard founded the first Post Office system in Baltimore, United States in 1774.
College Park Airport, Maryland is the oldest airport in the world which is established in 1909 by Wilbur Wright.
It’s also known for its hills, wildlife refuges, beaches, state parks, and even mountains. These places attract those people who love to know nature.
Maryland is a great visiting state for those people who want to explore nature and history.
Havre de Grace, Maryland is known as the “Decoy capital of the world”.
Baltimore and Ohio railroad company built the first railroad station in Baltimore, Maryland in 1830.
The Naval Academy of United States was founded in Annapolis, Maryland.
The very first dental school in the USA opened at the University Of Maryland.
All over the article above, I’ve try to exploring the Maryland Fun and Interesting information. Its topography and borders facts have also come up on this post. Hope you will get the point as Interesting Fact of Maryland. There is no sneer look or information of this Little America.
So take it as the fun of Maryland and share it with your enthusiast one. Let me know your opinion about this Interesting and Fun facts of Maryland.